The ruins of Fontaine-Saint-Denis

Pets allowed

Equipments : picni outdoor area

Spoken languages : English

Services : Bike parking

Equipment types : Historical sites and monuments

As well as the 11th century ruins of the castle fortifications built by the Count of Evreux, Notre-Dame-de-Gravenchon’s surroundings contain countless traces of wooden buildings, the remains of a 13th century dungeon and the foundations of a rare twin chapel. Excavations at Fontaine-Saint-Denis show Gravenchon’s historical importance in the lower Seine Valley since the year 1000. The fortifications, have been nearly totally excavated, and are one of the few examples of such from the ‘first feudal age’ of France.

Hours

  • Du 01/01/2022 au 31/12/2022
    • Du 01/01/2023 au 31/12/2023

      Prices

      Gratuit pour tous : 0

      Find us

      Rue de Fontaineval, NOTRE-DAME-DE-GRAVENCHON 76330 PORT-JEROME-SUR-SEINE
      Latitude : 49.5 Longitude : 0.58
      Route

      More information

      • 76476
      • Visites individuelles libres
      • Visites individuelles guidées dem

      Information & booking